The family estate of Bernard and Christophe Richel is located in the small village of Saint Baldoph, 5km south of Chambery, in the plains at the foot of the Chartreuse mountain range. The estate dates back to the 1950’s, Joseph Richel selling his wine in barrels to the bars in Chambery. In the 1970’s, the controlled appellation of origin (AOC) of Vin de Savoie was officially recognized.
Simultaneously, Joseph’s son Bernard began bottling and selling the wines, opening the cellar doors to the public. This marked an important turning point with the improvement of the quality along with the use of new technologies. In 1987, Christophe, who represents the 3rd generation of Richels, graduated from the Beaune School of Oenology and began helping his father on the estate.