The Ducourt legacy begins in Ladaux, Benauges around 1858. Their ancestors had been living in this part of Entre-Deux-Mers in Bordeaux, where they acquired Chateau des Combes in ‘Le Hourc’ (a name that means ‘oven’ in Gascon), the place where villagers gathered for freshly-baked bread.
Henri Ducourt, the current generation's grandfather, was at the forefront of creating a vineyard of quality. He, with the help of his three children (Marie Christine, Philippe and Bernard), transformed this family vineyard into one of Bordeaux’s largest winemaking unities, with 450 hectares and 14 chateaus in 6 different appellations controlées.
The Label offers a crocodile, the emblem of Henri Ducourt’s vigorous business spirit, which lives on today, as strong as ever, in each family member.