Château de Beaupré
In 1854, the Double family acquired the Château de Beaupré, near Aix-en-Provence. They first used it as a midpoint area for changing horses half way between their other properties in Marseille and the Luberon. In 1890, Baron Emile Double planted the very first vines around the Château and was soon transporting his wines on horse to wholesalers in Marseille.
Three generations later Maxime Double and Phanette Double still run the estate with the same passion.